Thursday 3 June 2010

3.2

Practical 3.2: Test AV Software

First, as I was using VMware to do practical 3.2, my windows xp did not have any antivirus.
So I went to download a a antivirus.
After downloading that, I went on to do the practical.
I went to http://eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.html and tried to download the file eicar.com
This file contains a fake virus so before downloading it, my av software detected it and prevented me from downloading it.


Next, I tried to download eicarcom2.zip. As it is a zip file, my av software did not detect that it was harmful. After downloading, right click the file and scan for virus. The av software detected a virus and remove the file.



AV software is a must for computers as it comes in handy to detect virus when running files.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home